Lisa Thomas, Director of Member Services
Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club Has golf! Introduce your child to golf right here at Greenwood in a new, state of the art golf studio. Here’s why:
- Anyone can play! You don’t have to be fast, thin or in fantastic shape to start. Golfers come in all shapes, sizes and athletic abilities.
- Minimal Risk. Golf is somewhat easier on the body than other sports that kids do like football, soccer, track and even baseball. There is less risk that you will be hit by a ball or obtain a stress injury from repetitive pounding. If you can walk, you’ve got a great start in golf.
- Lifelong Sport. Golf is a sport that you can play your entire life. It may even keep you spry into your 90’s.
- Lifelong Friendships. Because one can spend lots of hours on the golf course, you will develop friendships that may last a lifetime.
- Outdoor Time. In this day and age, where our youth are on their phones or playing video games, golf is an opportunity to get outdoors.
- Scholarships. “The National College Athletic Assn. (NCAA) estimates that every year 200 college golf scholarships for young women go unclaimed. Too few girls compete in the sport to qualify for these scholarships, which means many young women are missing an opportunity that could make all the difference to their education, their income and their future.”
- Family Time. Remember the old saying…”a family that plays together stays together.” Why not play golf together? Go out to the driving range and hit balls together. Play nine holes. It’s a nice time to strike up a conversation with your child.
- Life Lessons. There are many lessons to be learned through golf. Navigating ups and downs, regrouping, handling pressure, rising to an occasion, battling outside elements, handling distractions…just to name a few.
- Golf is just plain fun!
Teaching Golf Professional, George Miller, is available six days a week for private or group lessons. Book your appointment with George by calling 303.330.5146 or emailing him at email@example.com.