I hope many of you have been able to enjoy access to the women’s whirlpool and steam room this past week. I want to thank the ladies for their support through this process. As a reminder the whirlpool and steam room will be accessible to WOMEN ONLY beginning Sunday, August 23. The next time the whirlpool/steam will be accessible to men is Sunday, September 13.
- CMU block for shower walls is complete
- MEP rough in for walls are in progress
- Ceiling framing in the shower area is complete
- We did discover a 28 year old cast iron pipe that was cracked and will be replaced along with the cast iron pipe in the same area
- The whirlpool building work begins today. As an FYI….the whirlpool holds 2342 gallons of water!
- All cabinet shops have been reviewed, returned and are in progress
- No lead times on any items including plumbing fixtures and lighting
Please remember, the construction zone is a hard hat area and absolutely no admittance by members is allowed. This is a liability and your presence simply interrupts their work and slows down the process. Thank you.
We met Thursday afternoon at our OAC (owner/architect/contractor) meeting and I am happy to say we are on schedule. All work is currently happening during regular hours of operation and we have various subs in at different times. The GC (General Contractor) is on site nearly 10 hours each day, Monday – Friday.
- Slab has been poured
- CMU block is laid
- Framing will be complete tomorrow
- Submittals for millwork are expected tomorrow
- All tile is on site
- Whirlpool plans are with Tri-County Health and Greenwood Village building department
- No big lead items holding us up at this time
Please be sure and read the information related to access for the men to the women’s whirlpool and steam room.
Thank you, Paula
Construction is on schedule and going as planned! Please check the website blog for updates. We have a scheduled owner, architect, contractor (OAC) meeting each Thursday afternoon so most updates will occur after that meeting.
STEAM ROOM AND WHIRLPOOL ACCESS….Our intent was to purchase a whirlpool and place it on the outdoor pool deck for gentlemen to utilize during the construction. Unfortunately, Tri-County Health Department does not allow temporary spas so we are opting for a slightly unorthodox, but helpful means of giving an option for the men during this time of inconvenience.
Ladies…we are looking for your generosity and assistance! We will be building a wall in the ladies locker room between the whirlpool and the showers to allow men to utilize the women’s steam room and whirlpool for one week at a time during the following weeks:
- Sunday, August 16 – Saturday, August 22
- Sunday, September 13 – Saturday, September 19
- Further dates TBD
This area will be completely blocked off from the women’s locker room and the windows around the whirlpool will be blacked out from the women’s side, therefore creating complete privacy for both groups.
THINGS TO CONSIDER…
- Women will access the pool areas through the lower cardiovascular area so come prepared with a cover up or other attire
- Men will access the women’s steam room and whirlpool through the indoor pool area
- Men must wear a swim suit while using the women’s steam room and whirlpool
- Men must shower before entering the steam room and whirlpool; closest showers are in the family locker room located on the west side of the indoor pool
We know this is an inconvenience for our female members, but we also know our club is an extended family that is willing to help one another and we appreciate the support and cooperation from our female membership. Ladies….we will be asking the same of the men when we remodel your locker room next year!
Thank you all for your patience and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
All floor rough-in plumbing is complete.
Concrete slab has been poured.
Footings have been installed.
CMU block is on site and will begin framing Monday, August 10.
As a reminder, we have been able to find a way to keep all eight sinks in the shaving area. We will have 16 shower heads vs 18 shower heads. Each shower stall will have a door except for the handicap shower which will have a curtain, per code.
We are very excited about the whirlpool design. We are maintaining the same size and shape but are adding jets on two sides that will alternate up and down, and one side will have both a high and low jet along the entire bench. The motor is upgraded and will produce more force than the previous whirlpool.
Our intent was to be able to add a temporary whirlpool on the outdoor pool deck during the construction. Unfortunately, Tri County Health does not allow for temporary whirlpools so we are looking for alternatives. Please stay tuned for more information next week as we will have updates on access to steam and the whirlpool.
Please remember, the entire wet area of the men’s locker room is a construction zone and is therefore, unsafe and hazardous for any non-contract person. There is no entry to this space. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
The facts are clear and you are completely sold on the benefits of exercise. In fact, you can probably quote the top 10 reasons why exercise is the best thing you can do for yourself every day. You may even like to exercise yet still lack the motivation to do so. You may also find that you get started with great intentions for a few days, then life gets busy, you talk yourself out of your workout and before you know it, it’s been weeks and you feel unmotivated again. It can be a vicious circle.
One way to improve motivation is to examine your personal why. Give yourself a reason to exercise and you’re much more apt to do it every day. Your reason for exercise may have to be bigger than creating changes in your appearance or strength. Maybe your why needs to have more to do with things like how improving your health will positively affect others in your life, making you an exceptional employee, boss, parent, partner or friend. Many people find their motivation increases when they sign up for an event, race, bed and breakfast biking trip or hiking vacation. Knowing you have an upcoming event to prepare for is a great motivator to get started. Your why can be as simple as having a workout buddy waiting for you at the gym. Everyone has a different why. What’s yours?
Once you find a big enough why, the next step is to create a written plan. Those who work out at the same time every day are more apt to create the habit of exercise. In fact, studies show that those who work out in the morning are significantly less likely to allow other things in life to get in the way. A recent study by Glasgow University found that morning exercise also enhances mood 30% more than evening exertion. Exercise at any time of day, though, is better than none, and consistency is the most important thing. Improve your chances of exercising by placing a written appointment in your calendar like any other important event you wouldn’t miss. When someone asks you to do something else at that time, let them know you have an appointment at that time and plan around it!
The last great motivator is results. Results come with consistency and a solid plan of attack. Create a plan or have a professional trainer create one for you, put the plan in writing, schedule your workouts at the same time each day and the results will come. As results appear, motivation increases leading to more consistency to maintain the results you’ve created.
FIND YOUR WHY
Create a plan, experience results and watch your motivation soar.
SEE YOU AT THE CLUB!
Sheri Warren, Sales and Retention Manager
We are under way and the project is running on schedule. Anticipated completion date is fall of 2015. We realize the challenges you are facing with limited showers and no access to the steam, whirlpool and sauna. We are working hard to open the steam room at various times during the remodel. Please make sure you are receiving our weekly electronic FYI’s and refer to the website blog for updates. I will be available to answer any of your questions throughout the project. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we improve your club!
The last remodel was 2001. With the amount of usage and wear and tear, the space is looking old and tired. The tile was falling off the walls, there was water build up behind the tile and there are drains/lines that are 28 years old and need to be replaced.
We have received overwhelming feedback, via the survey, that it is time for an update
Create more private shower areas; based on new trends in the industry and comments from existing and prospective members
What areas are being remodeled?
- Shaving area
- Main dry vanity
How will I access the pools?
Access to the pools is through the lower cardiovascular area
Please wear deck shoes and a shirt when walking through the cardiovascular area
Where will I shower?
- There are four prefabricated shower stalls in the men’s restroom
- There are seven family locker room showers available for your use. Six are located in the vestibule leading to the outdoor pool and the other is located next to shoe shine on your way to the men’s locker room
- The family locker room private areas include a shower, sink and toilet
- Each of these shower areas are equipped with the same consumable supplies available to you in the men’s locker room shower area
- Please ask any staff member for assistance in locating the family locker rooms
Will the dry areas of the locker room be affected?
- You have full access to all the lockers
- The main dry vanity will be remodeled during one of the later phases of construction.
- We will notify you when that space will be closed. We anticipate performing most of that construction during evening hours of operation and after hours
What times of the day will construction take place?
- The immediate demolition is underway during evening hours of operation and after hours as removal of tile and cement slab is noisy
- Continued construction will be performed during all hours of operation to keep the project on schedule and decrease the timeline
What does the design look like?
- We have found a way to maintain the original eight sinks in the shaving area. The sinks are slightly smaller and the counters are a bit more shallow than the previous counters
- The showers will be individual with doors, but the walls will be 54” to allow the space to feel open and welcome conversations between members
- The tile will match the new tile in the men’s steam room
- The whirlpool will be completely rebuilt with new tub, tile, motor, jets, etc.
- The main dry vanity area will be replaced with new millwork, counters, carpet and lighting
We appreciate your understanding as we strive to make your club even better. Please trust we have done everything necessary to make sure the project goes smoothly, runs on time and the end result fulfills your expectations! Thank you.
We have officially closed off access to the showers, whirlpool, steam, sauna and shaving area. Temporary showers are available in the men’s restroom. There are seven additional showers and sinks available in the family locker rooms. If you do not know where these are located, please ask a staff member to show you. The area is much bigger and provides access to the same shower amenities as the men’s locker room.
We are on schedule and in the demolition process which should take a little over one week. All demolition is happening during closed hours due to dust and noise.
We have re-designed the shaving area to accommodate for eight shaving sinks; the same amount previously available. We will be decreasing the showers by one shower head.
Being prepared for your day and/or busy week can prevent you not only from overeating but also from choosing unhealthy foods. Planning ahead is one of the best ways to enhance your health, achieve your optimal weight and feel great.
Here are a few tips to avoid weight gain:
1) Plan and pack meals and snacks the night before.
2) Plan the time you will eat each meal and snack.
3) Have your daily main course meals planned and prepped.
4) Always keep a healthy option on hand. Leaving home without one may lead you to make unhealthy choices.
If you find yourself too busy to plan ahead, consider healthy meal delivery services such as Eat Meaningfully for delicious meals catered towards your specific needs. Learn more about Eat Meaningfully here>>
The temporary showers are nearly complete. We will be testing water temperatures and drainage throughout the holiday weekend to make sure they are all working properly.
Mobilization for the demolition will begin Monday, July 6.
A dumpster for demolition will be dropped on Tuesday, July 7 and the temporary construction walls will be installed that evening.
Demolition will begin Tuesday night so the current showers, whirlpool, steam and sauna will be shut down beginning Wednesday, July 8.
Key events for the next two weeks:
- Monday, June 29 – begin install of pre-fab showers in the men’s restroom; urinals will be removed
- Friday, July 3 – pre-fab showers should all be working but we will not close the current showers until we are assured the pre-fab showers are operating in the desired fashion. We will test them throughout the holiday weekend
- Monday, July 6 – Construction walls to be built in the access hallways to the wet area; this will happen during the evening hours and we will begin demolition; we anticipate at least a week of demo
- You will continue to have access to the main dry vanity during this time
Thank you, Paula